Feb 3, 2015

Wow it's been a while

It's been a while since I posted anything on my blog, my sincerest apologies. I've been working hard for the last few weeks creating some new designs. Having lots of fun with new and different techniques. I'll post some pictures so you can see what I've been up to.

This little ditty it's an all aluminum bracelet. It is embossed with some of the fun scrapbooking tools that I have. It's always difficult to find a cool clasp for aluminium, so I decided to use the clasp as a feature instead of just a tool to hold your bracelet closed. I love the look and it can be altered to look like anything. I only have a set number of embossing folders however my rolling mill is great fun to work with and I can roll any design onto the aluminum.


These are a few different examples of both the embossing folders and my rolling mill. The Daisy, hearts, rocket and smaller flower are all created using specialty paper and my rolling mill. The four of the top in the middle and the one on the top left-hand side are made using embossing folders and etching folders designed for scrapbooking. It's amazing what you can think of when you're having fun.


This fun daisy necklace was created using an aluminum circle specialty paper and my rolling mill. I'm getting a new tool that will allow me to cut any design of paper or vinyl and emboss it onto aluminium. The greatest joy of all of these pieces is that they are absolutely as light as a feather. They never roster tarnish will always look as they are when you get them. I love aluminum. And if you've looked at any of my previous work you can tell but I really love daisys too. 


I love this necklace, it's a take off of one of my previous junk drawer necklaces. Yes it's called a junk drawer necklace, because when you make things for living your junk drawers look a little bit different than everybody else's. My junk drawers are full of little bits and pieces of jewelry making wonderWhen I posted this particular necklace, my friend Jodian has decided that she both wanted and needed it however I have many many many more bits and pieces for many many many more necklaces. Friends are wonderful. 

I'm going to do my best to post three days a week hold me to it! 

Tannis


No comments:

Post a Comment