Feb 4, 2015

Day 2, so far so good!



I've been experimenting with etching metal using common every day products available in one's kitchen. Yesterday I made a really cool piece for my friend Kim. She likes big so I created a 4 x 3 cut aluminum rectangle and then etched an asymmetrical stripe onto it. I love the way it turned out. It is 36 inches long and still light as a feather. As you can see it's what you might call a statement piece.


Today I'm going to see if I can etch onto agate, this will require a different method however.. I have a friend looking for a unique necklace for his wife. He wants to green stone with the number four on it. Always fun to have a challenge, and seeing that stones don't naturally come with numbers on them I'm going to have to find a way to get that number on one for my friend.

Hopefully I can post my results tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment