Feb 4, 2015

Couldn't Wait till the Morning

Okay so I played today, I wasn't sure if I could etch on agate. I wanted that "etched glass" look but I wanted it on an awesome slice of green agate that I had sitting on my desk. Someone had asked me to make something that I never made before... YES... dream come true, I had myself a challenge.

So of course, I went online and asked the Google gods if they knew anyone that had etched on agate. Couldn't find a soul that had successfully done it, just lots of "others" with similar questions, the had gods let me down. Did I uncover the wholly grail, an answer Google didn't have, or was I just to lazy to keep searching...

Never one to be daunted by others failures, I thought what the heck I have a lovely piece of blue agate  that I'll try on in case I ruin the green agate. (I really prefer blue but my friend wanted the green one and i didn't want to ruin it, yet.

Etched Agate Slice
So, here is the blue sacrifice, looks ok to me. The problem now is my mind won't stop spinning with all of the fun things that can do with this bag of agate slices that I've had sitting in my house for two years.

The question is how does one sleep with all these ideas running the half marathon in her head?

So I opened a bottle wine and started contemplating, then I began day dreaming about of all the cool things that I could etch on the wine bottle.

Okay stop drinking wine, hmmm, this glass would look awesome with a picture of a football etched into it. Okay stop, put the wineglass down. You're supposed to be thinking about etching on agate. Wait wasn't I having a drink so I would stop thinking about etching. I'm so confused now I think I'm going to go have a bath. I'll show you tomorrow all fun things that I might create if I have a sleepless night. Oh don't forget I have to make six solid lotion bars for the girls tomorrow. Goodness how I'm I going to sleep. Night...

No comments:

Post a Comment