Feb 7, 2015

Snow Day and Sunscreen

It's strange that on a day filled with snow that I'd be sitting here thinking about sunscreen. But it's hard not to think about a nice warm summer when I'm watching the snow pile up in the front yard. We were going to skate at The Forks today and see how many KM we could get in, however with all the snow I don't think it'll be too much fun.

So I was checking out one of my favorite blogs, the wellnessmama, and saw a great post about eating your sunscreen, so I had to check it out. It was great to read, and even though I've read a number of different posts on similar subjects, it was a great reminder. I seem to have brain soup lately. Anyway the wellness mama was talking about eating your sunscreen, not actually eating sunscreen but eating foods that will allow you to stop using all of the chemical laden sunscreen available today. Must say, it struck a chord with me as my junior carrot top and I tend to burn in the summer, the joy of being redheads.



Having red hair is definitely a gift, however it's the gift that keeps on giving when you step into the sun, doesn't everyone want pink skin, really who wants a gorgeous tan anyway, I do!!!!!!! Besides the never ending cycle of white to pink to white to pink, my guy is just starting to get freckles as well. Which we've been told by our dermatologist is skin damage, oh what a bad mother am I.



So this summer, yes I know it's a few months away yet but a girl can dream, we are going to use natural sunscreen, (that I make) with coconut oil and a few other awesome natural ingredients, and we're going to eat our sunscreen (starting today). Yep we are going to eat the foods that will give us natural protection so we no longer require the lovely chemical laden crap that you can buy at the store.

Who's going to join me?

Ok, time to get out of bed, it's Saturday and I want to spend a little quality time with carrot top junior, maybe we'll have another nerf gun war, better get my eye protection on. Any who, have an amazing weekend and we'll catch you on the flipside.

Tannis

Location:Winnipeg

No comments:

Post a Comment