Feb 11, 2015

Had tea and a chinwag with a good friend today

It's been a number of months since my friend Erin opened her boutique and I have been remiss in the fact I hadn't made it there before today. My bad...



Well, I must say, it is the sweetest little boutique around. I love the look, layout and design. It has crisp clean white walls with a funky painting on one wall and the minimalist clothing racks and heat ducts giving it that cool industrial chic look.


I absolutely love Erin's clothes, my favourite are her shawls, I seriously think I have one in every colour.


I love that she makes all the clothes she sells in her boutique, but of course she carries some funky accessories as well. I'm fortunate enough to be one of her go to girls for cool jewellery and funky key chains.


Here are a some of my signature wrapped hearts and a couple of junk drawer necklaces, lol, I wasn't going to put them in the post but Erin insisted. Twist my rubber arm.


The creative space
Erin has an awesome sewing room just up and behind the storefront. It is a truly creative space where chaos can erupt when required. It is the complete opposite of the crisp clean storefront. I LOVE IT. It's my favourite space there. But I'm a bit of a clutter bug so maybe I feel more at home with someone else's chaos as well. It's still tidier then my work space.


I had purchased a cool little sling bag, but the waist band was too small, yikes, so my girl was nice enough to fix it up for me, and it wasn't even one of hers. Gotta love crafters. We are like guys that trade there mechanical and building skills. We trade our crafting skills.

Not sure if you noticed Erin's sweet little collection of needle point flowers on the wall. It is her new obsession, so, if you have gramma's old needle point flowers and don't know what to do with them... Erin's goal is to fill that wall.


We are a bunch of crazy carny crafters, we live and work in a different world. We often say we should write a book or make a movie about the crazy lives we lead, there is humour, sorrow and always enough drama to go around. But, no matter what, our little band of gypsies, we stick together, like a family.

If you are in the West Broadway area, stop in and say hello, pick up a pair of tights or a cool dress, and maybe even a necklaces to go with. You won't be disappointed. EMK studio boutique, 142 Sherbrook St. Winnipeg, and don't forget to say hi for me.

Tannis

Location:EMK Studio Boutique, 142 Sherbrook St, Winnipeg

No comments:

Post a Comment