Mar 19, 2015

How does this happen, I sit down to blog, have my ideas all ready. Get up to grab a cup of coffee and voila, brain disengages. I return with a cup of coffee, to a different room, one of my studio spaces and start building and creating 

Hence no blog posts for the past 10 days. On the bright side, lots of new fun things. I have posted a few on Facebook this past week, I can remember to do that... Any way, here goes. 

Patina silver link bracelet with feature toggle clasp

Matching earrings :) this is big for me, I usually forget that people (not me) like to match. 

Patina necklace, with alphabet theme. Yes I realize it doesn't match the other two, variety!! I do have a necklace to match the bracelet and earrings. I am creating collections. :) 

Another alphabet themed bracelet. Simple silver in a 2" wide cuff with copper rivets. Love this piece. Reminded of my love for school and learning, (still learning new tricks everyday) 

This is a fun cuff for my addict friends. Ya, ok we lead a boring lives, coffe and coke (a cola) are our only addictions. My personal addiction is to making Jewellery, so I understand. This two inch cuff was created using it EMK- Erin Kembel's "repurposed" mini coke zero can. She was done with it, couldn't let that cute little thing go to waste. Have I ever told you that 80% of my designs/creations are recycled/up cycled? The base for this bracelet is an off cut from my good friend Chris Cale's trophy/award business. He saves the ends and small bits for me in a box, I bring him coffee and save the unwanted bits from the landfill. If only I could find a way to incorporate the used coffee cup... Focus!! 


This one says "always choose you" I was having a particularly bad self pity day. Men, bah, that's another story altogether. Anyway I realized that I needed to stick to my guns and not give in to others issues. It is their problem not mine, so in my head I thought, you need to choose you! A bracelet is born, I wear it everyday and look at it in the morning to start the day right. I think everyone needs one of these. :) 

Ok, time to get out of bed. I've realized that this is the best place to blog from as I don't get distracted by my surroundings. Squirrel!!!!! 

Have a great Thursday and kick the crap out of this weekend! 



Tannis


No comments:

Post a Comment